Phone interviews are conducted just like in-person interviews. They are used by hiring managers and recruiters as a tool for screening candidates for employment.
It’s important to take a time to review the typical phone interview questions you’ll be asked and to prepare answers. In addition, plan on being prepared for a phone conversation about your background and skills.
Phone Interview Questions About Your Background
- Name of company, job title and job description, dates of employment.
- What were your starting and final levels of compensation?
- What were your responsibilities? –
- What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?
- Why are you leaving your job?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What interests you about this job?
- Why do you want this job?
- What applicable attributes / experience do you have?
- Are you overqualified for this job?
- What can you do for this company?
- What do you know about this company?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What challenges are you looking for in a position?
- What can you contribute to this company?
- Are you willing to travel?
- Is there anything I haven’t told you about the job or company that you would like to know?
- What are you looking for in your next job? What is important to you?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Describe a typical work week.
- How would you describe the pace at which you work?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- What motivates you?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Questions about your career goals.
- What type of work environment do you prefer?
- How do you evaluate success?
- Job interview questions about your abilities.
- More job interview questions about you.